On completion the trainee will be expected to have attained a level of operating skill which will comply with the standard laid down in accordance with HSE Code of Practice L117. Provide the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Excavator 360 and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
Training is available on both categories below:
10 tonne and below
10 tonne and above
Excavators available for training are 1.5T, 3T, 8T, 13T (for over 10 tonne courses ONLY).
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
• Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Excavator use.
• Safely mount and dismount the machine
• Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
• Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
• Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
• Carry out excavating tasks
• Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
• Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
• Fit and remove attachments
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
1 Day – Experienced Worker Assessment/Refresher Operator
3 Day – Semi Skilled Operator
5 Day – Novice Operator
Crestmoor Training (3 Year Certification Expiry)
NPORS (3 Year Certification Expiry)