Training is available on both categories below
– 10 tonne and below
– 10 tonne and above
Excavators available for training are 1.5T, 3T, 8T, 13T (for over 10 tonne courses ONLY).
– Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
– Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
– Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
– Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
– Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
– Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Excavator use.
– Safely mount and dismount the machine
– Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
– Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
– Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
– Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
– Carry out excavating tasks
– Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
– Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
– Fit and remove attachments
– Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
1 Day – Experienced Worker Assessment/Refresher Operator
3 Day – Semi Skilled Operator
5 Day – Novice Operator
Price per Delegates:
£175.00 + VAT (In-House 1 Day Course)
£350.00 + VAT (In-House 3 Day Course)
£475.00 + VAT (In-House 5 Day Course)
£250.00 + VAT (Accredited 1 Day Course)
£550.00 + VAT (Accredited 3 Day Course)
£750.00 + VAT (Accredited 5 Day Course)
Crestmoor Training (3 Year Certification Expiry)
NPORS (3 Year Certification Expiry)