Provides candidates with the training and knowledge to enable them to carry out the movement of plant safely. This course is aimed at people who move the machinery around site, this could be maintenance staff or drivers who deliver the machinery to site. All staff should be trained in the safe operation of plant or machinery
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
• Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Plant Mover use.
• Prepare machinery for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently.
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
• Environmental considerations.
• Storage and transport of machinery attachments.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
1 Day – Experienced Worker Assessment/Refresher Operator
2 Days – Novice Operator
Crestmoor Training (3 Year Certification Expiry)
NPORS (3 Year Certification Expiry)