On completion the trainee will be expected to have attained a level of operating skill which will comply with the standard laid down in accordance with HSE Code of Practice L117. Provide the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Forward Tipping Dumper and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
Dumpers available for training are 3T, 9T and 10T.
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator.
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
• Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for excavator 180° use.
• Prepare excavator 180° for use
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
• Operate machinery Safely and Efficiently
• Environmental considerations.
• Storage and transport of Excavator 180° attachments.
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
1 Day – Experienced Worker Assessment/Refresher Operator
3 Day – Novice Operator
Crestmoor Training (3 Year Certification Expiry)
NPORS (3 Year Certification Expiry)