This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations. This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfill them.
• Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
• Follow safe systems of work including method statements
• Take personal responsibility
• Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
• Understand crane documentation
• Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
• Appreciate tower cranes
•Observe British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidelines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4.
• Recognize the role of appointed persons
• Plan a lift
Crestmoor Training (3 Year Certification Expiry)