To provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable as a plant and vehicle marshaller (banksman), working in the construction industry and allied environments.
• Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Vehicle/Plant Machinery Marshal.
• Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the vehicle/machine to be guided.
• Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication.
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Vehicle / Plant Machinery Marshal.
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including Stop Blocks and Tipping areas.
• Set up Exclusion zone for loading / unloading.
• Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently.
• Environmental considerations.
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures.
Crestmoor Training (3 Year Certification Expiry)
NPORS (3 Year Certification Expiry)